CIU is proud to be consistently ranked among the most military-friendly schools in the country and we are a participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Program-eligible veterans, their spouses, and children can use VA education benefits to help cover the cost of their CIU tuition.
Need to fill out a Certification Request Form, located at the bottom of this page, each academic year and submit it to the Financial Aid Office
If you have never received veteran's benefits:
- Find out more about GI Bill Benefits and/or Eligibility
- Apply for VA Education Benefits
- If you qualify for benefits you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Bring or send your COE to the Financial Aid Office c/o Laura McCall (School Certifying Official).
If you received veteran's educational benefits at another school and are transferring to CIU:
- Submit VA Form 22-1995 Online
- Supply Financial Aid with a copy or confirmation.
- Submit VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, to the VA Regional Office and a copy to Financial Aid.
VA Regional Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and wish to transfer your benefits to a family member:
- Find out how to Transfer Your Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits
CIU School Certifying Official
- Laura McCall - VA Benefits Coordinator
- Office: (803) 807-5049
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information please download the "Applying for and Using VA Benefits at CIU" PDF document located at the bottom of this page.