Earn your Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Educational Leadership completely online.
The College of Education’s Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program is designed to meet your professional development needs as an educational leader. PhD graduates complete a concentration in Educational Leadership. This 60-hour PhD program will develop you to lead, model, think, communicate, and research with biblical excellence.
What You'll Learn
You will grow in your ability to articulate Christ-centered perspectives in educational institutions and to represent education from a biblical perspective in the broader society. You will develop capacities to think, communicate, and model biblical excellence in educational leadership positions through coursework and research in areas such as leadership theory, school law, financial principles, faculty and staff supervision, decision making, strategic planning, and development.
4 to 6 years
Why Earn Your PhD in Educational Leadership at CIU Online?
CIU is world-renowned for doctoral studies and has numerous alumni in places of leadership in K-12 schools, colleges and universities, as well as for-profit and non-profit organizations worldwide. Studying educational leadership at CIU online provides you with a rich, diverse global learning experience. The program of study is geared for working adults and educational leaders who will be equipped to put into practice what they are learning. Coursework is taught from a biblical worldview as professors regularly integrate faith and learning.
Program Options That Fit Your Experience Level
CIU also offers an online Education Specialist (EdS) degree program which is intended to help extend professional understanding and practice in the critical area of education. The EdS degree program is comprised of 30 hours of doctoral-level courses, but does not include the research component associated with the Doctor of Philosophy.
Your Doctor of Philosophy will prepare you to lead in a variety of educational settings.
- K-12 Schools: Positively impact students, their families, faculty and staff in a public or private school setting in the United States or abroad in various leadership roles such as principal, dean or superintendent.
- Leadership Positions in Colleges or Universities: Provide effective and informed leadership in decision-making roles such as dean, vice president or president at a college or university.
- Academic Careers: Lead at various levels in educational organizations, teach at the college level, or continue educational research in your field of interest.
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned graduate degree and any additional graduate degree work
- Minimum 3.2 GPA for entering credential
- Two general references
- Letter of evaluation (Graduate professor verifying ability to do doctoral level work)
- Academic writing sample (Published article or graduate research paper)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae