High School History Faculty
Ben Lippen School is seeking a high school history teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
A Ben Lippen history teacher is responsible to:
- Teach six sections of high school history, including World History and AP European History.
- Collaborate with other members of the history department to continually revise and develop the history curriculum at Ben Lippen School.
- Perform any other non-teaching duties as assigned by the high school principal.
The ideal candidate for the high school history teacher position should possess:
- Two years of successful teaching experience in secondary history.
- Dedication to biblical integration in classroom lessons and activities.
- Manage a classroom effectively, teach with excellence, and be able to create an engaging, relational, and joy-filled learning environment for students. a clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered, problem-based learning environment.
- Experience working in a diverse international community and strong cross-cultural skills.
- demonstrate excellence in planning, teamwork, and communication. We are looking for teachers who are willing to be creative, have a strong work ethic, can think "outside the box," and are able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be of strong Christian faith. Have a passion for serving children and families through the high calling of Christian education.
- Bachelor’s degree in history or closely related field; advanced degree in education or history preferred.
- ACSI teacher certification or work toward attaining it upon hiring.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded, printed and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.