120 credit hours
as few as 48 months
Regionally Accredited by SACSCOC
Prepare for a human services career with an online degree from CIU
The Bachelor of Science in Human Services prepares students to effectively engage in human services professional and paraprofessional jobs in such diverse settings as clinics, hospitals, group homes, correctional centers, government agencies, day treatment centers, extended care facilities, community-based living homes and social service agencies throughout the community. As part of a broad education in the social sciences, students learn to understand and connect with other human beings and apply theoretical principles in a real-world environment. In choosing a career in human services, you will be rewarded by helping others overcome life obstacles and providing guidance to those in distress.
What You'll Learn
1. Develop a personal philosophy of human helping, emphasizing your strengths and potential growth areas.
2. Apply the principles and skills of ethical decision-making and respect for diversity.
3. Demonstrate interpersonal skills in helping relationships and group dynamics.
4. Recognize the social and psychological dimensions of human interactions in a variety of settings.
This 120-credit-hour degree will take just over 4 years.
Why Study Human Services at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Minimum 120 semester hours
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 18 hours of Bible, theology, and ministry courses and at least 12 hours of additional interdisciplinary Bible-related courses
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of general education
- Completion of the 30-hour Human Services major
- Online application
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)
A Bachelor of Science in Human Services can lead to jobs in diverse settings such as clinics, hospitals, group homes, correctional centers, government agencies, day treatment centers, sheltered workshops, extended care facilities, community-based living homes and social service agencies throughout the community.