Ready for a career in Human Services? Earn your associate of arts degree fully online.
The Associate of Arts in Human Services is for those who desire to obtain a fundamental understanding of the human services field and to acquire an appreciation for a particular career path. The knowledge gained in this degree prepares students for further study at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels within the health and human services fields.
- Apply the principles and skills of ethical decision-making and respect for diversity within a biblical worldview.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in helping relationships and group dynamics.
- Recognize the social and psychological dimensions of human interactions in a variety of settings.
- Develop a personal biblical philosophy of human helping, emphasizing student strengths and potential growth areas.
- A minimum 60 total semester hours of credit.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA at the time of graduation.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 9 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least one additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course
- Completion of the 15 hour Human Services concentration
Why Study Human Services at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
Because the Associate of Arts degree also includes core academic courses in General Education, it lays the foundation for a bachelor’s degree or advancement in a variety of professional fields or ministry.
Course of Study (60)
- ICS 1210 - Discovering the Mission of God Credits: 3
- MSD 1110 - Encountering Spiritual Formation Credits: 3
- THE 2010 - Survey of Bible Doctrine Credits: 3
General Education (36)
- COM 1010 - Communication for Leaders Credits: 3
- CPT 1010 - Technology for College Credits: 3
- ENG 1010 - College Writing and Research 1 Credits: 3
- ENG 1020 - College Writing and Research 2 Credits: 3
- HIS 2010 - World Civilizations Credits: 3
- MAT 2010 - Personal Financial Management Credits: 3
- PHI 1010 - Philosophy and Worldview Credits: 3
- PHI 3010 - Personal and Social Ethics Credits: 3
- PSY 2010 - Organizational and Industrial Psychology Credits: 3
- SCI 2010 - Earth Science Credits: 3
- SOC 1010 - Succeeding at CIU Credits: 3
- SOC 2010 - Cultural Diversity Credits: 3
Human Services Concentration (15)
- HMS 1010 - Introduction to Human Services Credits: 3
- HMS 3110 - Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis Credits: 3
- PSY 2020 - Developmental Psychology Credits: 3
- SOC 2020 - Principles of Sociology Credits: 3
- SOC 2030 - Marriage and Family Credits: 3
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)