Substitute Teacher All Grades
The substitute teacher is responsible for giving instructions and organizing the classroom environment so as to enhance student learning during the period of absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- He/she must work off of teacher lesson plans, give out classwork and assignments and ensure effective discipline and classroom control.
- He/she will provide daily reports to give account of any information pertaining to the events of the day.
- At the commencement of the school day, substitute teachers are expected to report to the school administrative office and collect the appropriate materials and schedule of classes.
- At the end of the school day, he/she is required to return the materials to the school office.
- College degree preferred
- Ability to comply with written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills
- Full capability to give instructions while the regular teacher is absent
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.