Lower School Counselor
The Lower School Counselor supports the social, emotional and academic needs of students by offering services in a developmentally appropriate manner. The counselor adapts the programming of services to meet the changing needs of the student population.
- Actively support the mission of Ben Lippen School in the execution of his/her role and responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with teachers, administration, parents and outside resources to support student needs
- Provide classroom guidance and assist teachers and administrators in establishing appropriate behavior management protocols
- Educate students about self-awareness and self-esteem, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, making friends and avoiding bullying behavior, and understanding their learning uniqueness
- Provide individual, small group and crisis counseling as appropriate
- Provide parent support and assist families with referrals to community resources
- Work in collaboration with the upper school counselor to establish a comprehensive counseling program for the school.
- Dedication to biblical integration in lessons and activities.
- ACSI teacher certification, or work toward attaining it upon hiring.
- Proficient in use of technology.
- Ability to review and analyze data.
- Be of strong Christian faith in addition to the aforementioned academic expectations and qualifications.
- Have a passion for serving children and families through the high calling of Christian education.
- Experience in an educational setting preferred.
- Master’s degree in related field from accredited university.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded, printed and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.