The Bachelor of Science in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management provides students the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to natural disasters and crises while demonstrating Christian compassion, service, and witness.
What You'll Learn
- Practical skills in responding to natural disasters and crises.
- Management and leadership skills for dealing with disasters and crises.
- Appropriate Christian communication and care to those affected by disasters and crises.
Why Study Disaster Relief and Emergency Management at CIU?
- Gain skills and insights to work and minister amid 21st century global crises.
- Our professors are seasoned veterans and experts in the field.
A B.S. in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management equips students to work in:
- U.S. government agencies (FEMA, Homeland Security).
- Faith-based humanitarian organizations.
- Mission organizations, churches, and denominations committed to disaster relief and emergency management.
Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies, International Community Development, and Disaster Relief and Emergency Management
Michelle L. K. Raven joined CIU in 2017 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2020. She is a retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel (JAG Corp) and was a missionary with Christar International for five