Why Study Humanities at CIU?
By studying Humanities at Columbia International University, you’ll learn how to think critically and lay a foundation for learning and intellectual growth – a plus to any career choice. You will also develop a biblical worldview as you study philosophy, literature, culture and language – vital preparation for graduate studies, including seminary.
A degree in Humanities opens the door to a variety of careers as employers increasingly demand that college graduates know how to think critically and creatively to find new solutions to old problems. Plus, the Humanities program lays a solid foundation for graduate and seminary studies.
For those who desire to obtain a basic understanding of the Bible, the principles of Bible interpretation, and essential skills and background. Many students continue their education in other academic and professional fields.
- Provide an educational forum for students to read and discuss Great Books.
- Develop practice and proficiency in the disciplines of reading, writing, critical thinking, and library research.
- Develop a foundational understanding of influentual currents of human thoughts and creative expression represented in literature, art, philosophy, history, and language.
- Encourage students to use the Christian Scriptures as sources of integration for various fields of knowledge.
- Assist students in their ability to understand and articulate a Christian worldview.
Review the catalog and course requirements.
1. Complete the online application and pay the $25 application fee
2. Review and complete admissions requirements