The online Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management provides students the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to natural disasters and crises while demonstrating Christian compassion, service, and witness.
What You'll Learn
- Practical skills in responding to natural disasters and crises.
- Management and leadership skills for dealing with disasters.
- Appropriate Christian communication and care to those affected by these events.
- This 30-credit our program can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
Why Study Disaster Relief and Emergency Management at CIU?
- Gain skills and insights to work and minister amid 21st century global crises.
- Our professors are seasoned veterans and experts in the field.
- The program can be applied directly to your current work or ministry.
A Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management equips students to work in:
- U.S. government agencies (FEMA, Homeland Security).
- Faith-based humanitarian organizations.
- Mission organizations, churches, and denominations committed to disaster relief and emergency management.
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher
Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies, International Community Development, and Disaster Relief and Emergency Management
Michelle L. K. Raven joined CIU in 2017 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2020. She is a retired USAF Lieutenant Colonel (JAG Corp) and was a missionary with Christar International for five