The Certificate in Online Instruction & Learning is designed to help educators develop best practices to guide online teaching and learning through course development, assessment, technology tools, and effective materials to enhance and engage students through online environments. These courses are designed to be highly integrative, giving the participants optimal ways of utilizing current technologies for enhancing their traditional, blended, or online classroom environment. Guiding ethics and responsibilities from a biblical worldview, the Certificate in Online Instruction & Learning consists of 12 credit hours and is available fully online. Courses may be taken in any order and are open to degree or non-degree seeking students.
This certificate program is not eligible for federal Title IV financial aid funds – i.e. Federal Direct Loans. Students who are interested in exploring other financial aid options should contact the Financial Aid Office.
Students must complete 12 hours of specified coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.7 in order to receive the Online Instruction & Learning Certificate.
- EDU 5481 - Online Instructional Design and Assessment Credits: 3
- EDU 5482 - Teaching Online Courses Effectively Credits: 3
- EDU 5483 - Learning Web Tools to Enhance Online Teaching and Learning Credits: 3
- EDU 5484 - Utilizing Online Learning Management Systems Credits: 3
- Online application
- Application fee
Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.7 GPA for the most recent degree obtained
Previous experience in education, as verified by one of the following:
- Two years of classroom experience or educational administration
- A current teaching certificate
- An undergraduate degree in education
- Professional Reference
- General Reference