Middle School Choir and Theater Teacher
Ben Lippen is seeking a Middle School Choir and Theater Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Teach all middle school choir and theater courses (5th & 6th Grade Choir, 7th & 8th Grade Men’s Choir, 7th & 8th Grade Women’s Choir, 7th & 8th Grade Theater) and other courses as assigned by the Fine Arts Director or the Middle School Principal.
- Partner with other Fine Arts teachers to lead extra-curricular opportunities (Lower School Musical, Middle School Musical, High School Musical, Middle School A Cappella).
- Plan for instruction through the regular maintenance of course curriculum maps.
- Implement assessments in each class to measure student learning and maintain a timely gradebook.
- Attend faculty meetings and carry out assigned non-instructional duties.
- Partner with the Fine Arts Director to coordinate student performances, festivals, and competitions.
- Carry out other specific responsibilities as assigned by the Fine Arts Director or Middle School Principal.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the official statement on the victorious Christian life and model the life described therein both on and off campus.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the commitment to the statement of faith and purpose of the school.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and technological skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in singing, conducting, playing piano, acting, blocking, choreography, design, and technical theater skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adolescent cognitive development and the ability to instruct students successfully in music and theater curriculum.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspire learning through effective classroom management and cultivate positive relationships with students.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, music education, theater, or theater education from an institution approved by the regional accrediting agency.
- ACSI teacher certification, or work toward attaining it upon hiring.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded, printed and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.