Lower School Teacher
The purpose of the lower school teacher is to create an engaging, relational, and joy-filled learning environment with young students; provide rigorous learning experiences; be willing to be creative; have a strong work ethic; think "outside the box," and work effectively as part of a team.
- Create well-planned lessons and teach all subjects through a Biblical worldview.
- Implement instructional activities where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Develop best teaching practices to adapt teaching methods, instructional materials, and learning opportunities to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Assess student progress through observations, assignments, and assessments, and communicate and collaborate with parents, other teachers, and administrators.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Integrate technology to enhance classroom instruction.
- Implement effective classroom management and discipline procedures to provide for a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Manage a classroom effectively, teach with excellence, and be able to create an engaging, relational, and joy-filled learning environment for students.
- Dedication to biblical integration in classroom lessons and activities State Certification or ACSI Certification (or willingness to obtain).
- Be of strong Christian faith in addition to the aforementioned academic expectations and qualifications.
- Have a passion for serving children and families through the high calling of Christian education.
- Early Childhood and/or Elementary Education Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree, preferred.
BLS/CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded, printed and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.