Extended Care Teacher
The Extended Care Teacher is responsible for providing the highest quality program for students through implementing daily program activities. The Extended Care Program is designed to be a true extension of the school day. The program continues the Ben Lippen experience and assists with providing students the foundation they need to develop a lifetime love of learning in a fun, caring and safe environment. Extended Care offers students a balance of structured and unstructured time; a chance to relax, enjoy outside time, and to learn in multi-grade level settings. Extended care teachers are needed at the St. Andrews Road, Monticello Road, and Northeast Campuses. Hours are 2:45 PM to 6:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in preparing, planning and implementing appropriate activities for students.
- Work with all Extended Care personnel to brainstorm, plan, and prepare for after school programs.
- Implement the Extended Care Program procedures and policies effectively to ensure the safety of all participants in the program.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance rosters, and all other paperwork to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Implement effective behavior management and discipline procedures to provide for a positive classroom environment
- Assist with maintaining, cleaning, and straightening of the designated classroom or area before, during, and after the program.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or higher (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Teaching experience valued
- Must be willing and able to be CPR and First Aid certified
- Training and/or experience in early childhood education or childcare
- Evidence of a mature personal Christian faith consistent with the Ben Lippen School Statement of Faith
Interested and qualified candidates will need to fill out the Ben Lippen Employment Application. The application must be downloaded and completed and submitted to the Headmaster’s office as shown on the last page of the application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.