Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
The apartment maintenance supervisor is responsible for the general repair and maintenance of CIU’s residential properties (approximately 150 units).
- General maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, HVAC and appliance work.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory of necessary repair parts.
- Preventative maintenance scheduling and implementation.
- Schedule and supervise outside contractors/vendors (painting, carpet cleaning, plumbing, grounds, electrical, etc.).
- Manage turnovers of vacant apartments/properties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage emergency response to floods, sewer back-ups, etc.
- Manage exterior.
- Light custodial and cleaning.
- Complete and delegate resident work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- On-call emergencies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Respond to current residents via AppFolio software, voicemails, phone calls
- Communicate with office staff to ensure timely response to maintenance issues
- Coordinate with outside contractors/vendors.
- Working knowledge of trades and skills needed to maintain and repair apartments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability with computer skills including Microsoft Office, navigating web browsers, and organizing electronic files. Position requires learning the property. management software through online tutorials and webinars.
- Organized and detail-oriented; Accuracy in completing tasks is essential.
- Desire to serve others with a positive, welcoming attitude.
- Ability to climb stairs (10 stairwells with 3 levels each), walk from building to building with ease, and perform all necessary physical requirements to maintain properties.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks as the need arises.
- Knowledge of applicable laws (FERPA, SC Landlord and Tenant Act, Fair Housing Act, etc.) – may be acquired through various courses.
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years of practical experience in facilities maintenance.
- Preference for HVAC certification/if not willing to acquire.
- Prior experience with CIU is a plus.
- Knowledge of AppFolio is a plus.
CIU provides a benefits package that includes:
- Health Plan;
- 401(k) plan with match opportunity;
- 100% of employee’s cost of group life insurance;
- Long term disability insurance;
- Vacation days, holidays, sick leave, family leave;
- Educational benefits: tuition reduction for PreK3-Graduate.
Interested and qualified candidates will complete the CIU Employment Application.
CIU Employment Application CIU Global Adjunct Application Resident Adjunct for the School of Business and Professional Studies Application Resident Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application Resident Nursing Adjunct for the College of Arts and Sciences Application
Supplemental Form and Instructions
CIU faculty positions will need to submit a curriculum vitae (CV). Once you have completed your online application, you will have an opportunity to submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Lippen Employment Application (PDF)
BLS Online Studies Adjunct Application
If you are applying for a Ben Lippen position and are unable to download the Ben Lippen application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009.