The Teacher Education program offers an early childhood (PreK-third grade) and elementary (second to sixth grade) education licensure that leads not only to a bachelor’s degree, but also a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree in five years. During the undergraduate program, you may explore other fields of study by choosing a variety of electives such as Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Psychology, Youth Ministry, Teaching Bible, and English.
Complete the M.A.T. program and specific South Carolina state requirements and you may be recommended for initial licensure in early childhood and elementary education. Graduates of the M.A.T. program are also eligible for Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification in elementary education with endorsement in early childhood.
Career and Ministry Opportunities
Teacher Education at CIU leads you to a world of possibilities:
- Teaching Pre-K to sixth grade in public schools, international schools, charter schools, Christian schools, MK schools, home schools
- Academic interventionist
- Church education
- Ministering to children through mercy organizations worldwide
- Tutoring – private or public institutions
- Directing after-school and day-care programs
- Christian education consultant
- Further training as curriculum and instructional specialist, guidance counselor, school administrator, and doctoral work
Review the catalog and course requirements.
1. Complete the online application and pay the $25 application fee
2. Review and complete admissions requirements