Applying for Financial Aid at CIU
We are looking forward to you becoming a student at CIU. Here’s the information you need to apply for financial aid.
If you need more help, please don’t hesitate to email us, call us at (803) 807-5036 or visit us in the Administration Building on campus.
- 1. CIU Admissions Application
Complete the application online.
- 2. Complete the FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The quickest way to apply for federal aid is online. You’ll need CIU’s school code which is 003429.
- You will also need a new Federal Student Aid ID and password.
- If you are a dependent student, one parent (whose information is on the FAFSA) also will need an FSA ID to sign the application electronically. We have a list of FAFSA tips to help you with this process.
Within approximately two weeks after completing the FAFSA, you will receive an email from the CIU Financial Aid Office.
- 3. Complete the missing Financial Aid File documents.
- Log in to MyCIU and go to Financial Aid.
- On the left hand side, click on "My Financial Aid," then click on the "Menu," then "Documents." Submit any missing documents.
- You do not need to submit loan documents (entrance counseling and master promissory note) if you don't plan to use student loans.
- If you are selected by the Department of Education for verification, complete and submit the necessary documents.
- 4. Accept and/or Decline Awards
You will receive a notification of award via email. You will need to log in to MyCIU and accept or decline the financial aid awards offered.
The Financial Aid Office can provide additional information on the Direct Stafford Loan and PLUS Loan application process, and descriptions of other financial aid programs.
Finally, please note:
Continuing aid from CIU and its outside sources requires evidence of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
The CIU Parent’s Guide contains valuable information.
Please be aware of these Consumer Information Disclosures.