- Discover CIU
- Academic Programs
- Online Studies
- Become a Student
- Current Students
- Rams Athletics
- Resources & Services
If you have an interest in this position, please download our application at www.ciu.edu/discover-ciu/who-we-are/employment/application/employment-application and follow the online instructions for submission. If you have questions or are unable to download the application, contact the Human Resources office by phone: 1-800-777-2227 ext. 5009 or e-mail: email@example.com
<< Back to Available Positions
Collaborates with the dean, other faculty members, and staff to offer professional training in clinical mental health counseling within a biblical worldview in order to provide Christ-like therapeutic relationships for healing and growth and fulfill the university’s mission of educating people from a Christian worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Pursues that mission with a commitment to CIU’s educational philosophy of total life training integrating academic excellence, spiritual formation, and ministry skills development, with Bible at the core. Focuses on teaching courses in clinical counseling.
1. Classroom instruction: Demonstrate excellence in classroom teaching, including proficiency in classroom and online instructional technology.
2. Student relationships: Advise and mentor students; foster student-faculty relationships by participating in student functions and small groups as appropriate.
3. Professional engagement: Participate in professional associations, research, and writing that support the professional discipline(s) taught.
4. Ministry involvement: Model consistent service in local church, mission, and/or marketplace contexts.
5. Personal growth: Model Christ-like character and conduct; exhibit growth in areas of personal challenge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of clinical counseling with preference given to individuals experienced in child/adolescent and marriage/family counseling.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of classroom technology and willing to be trained in online technology.
3. Skill in public speaking, teaching, and written communication.
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with and coaching adult learners as well as undergraduate students as necessary.
5. Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and a collegial model of decision-making.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1. Earned doctorate (Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision) from an accredited institution; consideration will be given to ABD candidates.
2. Licensed or license-eligible graduate of a CACREP program with clinical counseling experience highly desired.
3. Teaching experience in higher education at the graduate level with three years preferred.
4. Commitment to cross-cultural ministry with some cross-cultural ministry experience preferred.
1. Support of CIU mission and vision: Participates in growing a biblical university, encourages prospective students to attend CIU’s colleges, and promotes CIU’s other ministries.
2. Alignment with CIU values: Consistently advocates and practices CIU’s five core values.
3. Promotion of CIU culture: Cooperates with others, expresses opinions appropriately, supports decisions once they are made, and cultivate corporate unity.
4. Participation in CIU activities: Attends faculty meetings, chapels, prayer days, Homecoming, and other activities as set out in the Employee Handbook.