Financial Aid Office
Our offices are:
- located on the second floor of the Administration Building
- Our office is open from 8:00am - 5:00pm
Columbia International University is excited about your interest in continuing your education with us. We recognize that funding a college education is a major investment and strive to offer students a quality education at the lowest possible cost. During the 2012-2013 academic year, CIU awarded over $14 million dollars of financial aid including federal, state and institutional aid.
Financial aid is available in four basic categories for students attending college: grants, loans, work, and scholarships. The student and his/her parents have the primary responsibility to finance the student's college education. However, if the student and/or parents need additional assistance to meet educational costs, financial aid exists to meet this need.
All students who have been accepted to CIU will be evaluated for CIU merit based scholarships.
Federal financial aid is awarded to families based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Learn more about our Tuition & Fees here.
Fast Facts for Undergrad Students
- Students who attend CIU can apply for federal, state, and institutional aid as well as outside scholarships and grants.
- Overall, 89% of the students enrolled in CIU's undergraduate program were assisted by the Financial Aid Office.
- The average financial aid package was approximately $10,900 (institutional aid only) and $14,900 (with federal loans).
- Approximately 80% of our undergraduate students received institutional aid in the form of grants and scholarships. You must be a full time student to be eligible for institutional grants & scholarships (dependent students must live on campus).
- 46% of all 2012-13 undergrad students received Federal Pell Grant funds.
Fast Facts for Graduate and Seminary Students
- Students who attend CIU can apply for federal and institutional aid, as well as outside scholarships and grants.
- The average CIU graduate scholarship: $2,000
Payment Plan for 2013-14
We understand that the process of financial aid can be complex and time consuming, so we encourage you to explore our site for more details regarding the aid available at CIU. If you have additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at (800) 777-2227, ext. 5036. We are excited about your interest in continuing your education at CIU, and want to assist you in any way possible.
View our Net Price Calculator here.
Dates to Remember
January 1 - The current FAFSA is available.
March 1 - CIU financial aid priority deadline for new and returning students to have financial aid file complete and deadline for Church Matching Grant application.
March 15 - CIU donor scholarship applications due!
April 15 - CIU financial aid priority deadline for returning students to have financial aid file complete.
June 30 - Deadline for submission of FAFSA for SC residents receiving the South Carolina Tuition Grant.
Click here for Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid at CIU
Click here for Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy - Federal
"The Financial Aid Office supports the CIU Mission by actively participating in the student recruitment process through caring and effective customer service, timely processing, and maximizing financial aid opportunities for current and prospective students."