The Financial Aid Office
- located on the second floor of the Administration Building
- Our office is open from 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Financial Aid Office (FAO) is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the financial aid process. We hope the information provided here will prove useful and convenient to access. We are excited about your interest in continuing your education at CIU, and want to assist you in any way possible.
Tuition and Fees 2015-16 Payment Plan Tuition and Fees Policies 2015-2016
Net Price Calculator
Columbia International University is pleased to provide this net price calculator as a guide for early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility. The estimates are based on the award policies of the 2015-2016 academic year and are subject to change.
Fast Facts for Undergrad Students
- Overall, 89% of the students enrolled in CIU's undergraduate program were assisted by the Financial Aid Office.
- The average financial aid package was approximately $10,900 (institutional aid only) and $14,900 (with federal loans).
- Approximately 80% of our undergraduate students received institutional aid in the form of grants and scholarships. You must be a full time student to be eligible for institutional grants & scholarships (dependent students must live on campus).
- 46% of all 2012-13 undergrad students received Federal Pell Grant funds.
Fast Facts for Graduate and Seminary Students
- Students who attend CIU can apply for federal and institutional aid, as well as outside scholarships and grants.
- The average CIU graduate scholarship: $1,000
Dates to Remember
January 1 - The current FAFSA is available.
March 1 - The deadline for church money and Church Matching Grant application.
June 30 - Deadline for submission of FAFSA for SC residents receiving the South Carolina Tuition Grant.