Federal Work-Study jobs help students earn money to pay for college.
Undergraduate and graduate students with work-study jobs will work part-time on or off-campus while enrolled.
Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
Here’s a quick overview of Federal Work-Study:
- It provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
- It’s available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
- It’s available to full-time or part-time students.
- It’s administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program. Check with your school's financial aid office to find out if your school participates.
Student Employment at Columbia International University
The Student Employment Program at Columbia International University provides valuable experience to students both inside and outside of their field of study. Students who work part-time while in school not only gain work experience but help contribute to the cost of their education and reduce their loan indebtedness. The purpose and objectives of the program are
- To furnish valuable work experience for qualified students through the performance of necessary jobs on campus
- Provide students opportunities to develop skills and identify interest that will later support their candidacy for internships and job searches.
- To provide financial assistance to students to help fund their academic studies.
Benefits of Part-time Employment
- Explore career options
- Add career-related experiences to your resume
- Make professional contacts in your field
- Distinguish yourself from the competition
- Time Management
How do I find an On-Campus Position?
On-campus positions are listed on the CIU website beginning in August of each academic year. Students search the list and contact the supervisor for an interview.
Please visit Career Services information or assistance with employment.
How will I be paid?
Students will be paid at the current state minimum wage. Students will recieve a paycheck at the end of every month worked.