The certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) is designed for those already involved in Christian ministry who are interested in teaching English as an additional avenue for outreach. This certificate provides basic teaching theory and skills and an understanding of how language works. The Certificate in TEFL program focuses on providing introductory level TEFL training for people who expect to be involved in adult English teaching. (Students who desire more training in full-time TEFL should apply to the M.A. in TEFL/ICS program.)
The graduate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at novice, intermediate, and advanced levels of proficiency
- Develop and evaluate language teaching materials
- Use English teaching as a ministry
Get started today.
On completion of the Certificate in TEFL, the graduate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Command of the concepts and terminology of the major divisions of descriptive linguistics in order to be able to put them to use in the language classroom.
- Ability to analyze ESL students' language in order to diagnose language learning needs and design appropriate instruction.
- Basic ability to teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at novice, intermediate, and advanced levels of proficiency.
- Basic ability to develop and evaluate language teaching materials.
- Basic ability to use English teaching as a ministry.