The Bible Teaching program is specifically designed to prepare students to teach the Bible in a school setting.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the Bible Teaching program is to develop the ministry skill of teaching Bible in Christian and public schools in North America, government missionary and international schools overseas, and other areas of Christian work where Bible teaching ministry is exercised. Graduates of this program receive the “all-level” certification in Bible from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
In addition to the mission statement, general objectives, and requirements of the undergraduate program, the objectives of the Bible Teaching program are to develop the following teacher competencies:
- Cultivate the skill of preparing hermeneutically-sound Bible lessons and curriculum that are developmentally appropriate and consistent with the pattern of biblical revelation.
- Implement the sociological, philosophical and psychological principles of the teaching-learning process into the preparation and delivery of Bible lessons.
- Establish positive, professional behavior and relationships with supervisors, co-workers, parents, and students.
Get started today.
- Teaching Bible in public school districts in the United States: Bible classes are currently offered in over 18% of public school districts in the United States.
- Teaching Bible in Christian Schools in the United States: Each year Columbia International University receives scores of requests for Bible teachers, more than we can fill.
- Teaching Bible in International Schools all over the world: These schools enroll national students as well as American students. Often these opportunities are in limited access countries.
- Teaching Bible to nationals in government schools overseas: Many countries in Africa, South America, and other areas either require or allow Bible to be taught in the public government schools. Many of these classes are taught in English. Bible teaching opportunities to nationals exist in every continent in the world.
- Teaching in Bible institutes and colleges overseas: As the church grows around the world, there is an increasing need for training believers in the Bible.
- Church work such as youth ministry and Christian Education: These are church ministries which require special emphasis in Bible teaching.
- Seminary preparation: Pre-seminary students find the training in Bible Teaching helps prepare them for their future studies and for the pastor-teacher ministry.