Two Columbia International University graduates have teamed up for a book designed to create meaningful community among believers.
“One - A Small Group Journey Toward Life-Changing Community,” is written by Nick Cunningham and Trevor Miller, both of whom serve on staff at Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church in Lexington, South Carolina.
CIU Graduates the Class of 2016
By Michael Lanier
CIU Student Writer
Shortess Chapel was full of family, friends, and loved ones on April 30, as Columbia International University celebrated its newest graduates, the class of 2016. Both graduate and undergraduate students walked across the stage to receive their diploma, signifying the official completion of their education at CIU.
Juris Doctorate, Brooklyn Law School
Scott comes to us from West Columbia, SC and is a member of Suburban Baptist Church where he is a substitute Youth Christian Education Teacher and participates in Neighborhood At-Risk Youth Outreach. Scott has a Juris Doctor (JD) from Brooklyn Law School and has been involved in international business and law since 1989. He has been a guest instructor teaching courses in International Business, Corporate Ethics and Sustainability at USC, Moore School of Business, and is currently teaching International Business for our BOL program this semester. Dr. Adams received the South Carolina Ambassador for Economic Development and Lexington County Ambassador for Economic Development awards in 2012. He will assume the role July 1st.
The systems administrator supports the corporate network infrastructure, network access and network security in addition to all end user devices.
- Provide support for technical functions of network servers, server operating systems, appliances, switches and devices connected to the corporate networks. Monitor, evaluate, and optimize network traffic and performance through systematic assessment based on routine testing, network documentation, and logs.
- Perform physical infrastructure modifications as needed with systems engineer and other IT administrators. This includes assistance with backups and shutdown/restoration procedures for disaster recovery procedures for all systems and devices.
- Serve as junior IT security officer ensuring network security and functionality by researching security best practices, monitoring campus systems and infrastructure for new and existing vulnerabilities, maintaining adequate intrusion detection systems and procedures, and maintaining software licenses.
- Provide support for end user devices that connect to network and servers. Ensure compliance with hardware standardization and compliance with software licensing.
- Coordinate comprehensive and accurate network documentation, diagrams and logs. Also coordinate a comprehensive and accurate inventory of all equipment.
- Write comprehensive and accurate network documentation, diagrams and logs. Perform periodic checks on systems documentation and procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Three to five years experience in systems administration or infrastructure engineering preferred.
- Network cabling installation experience.
- Experience with configuring network appliances preferred.
- Experience managing servers, especially in a cloud environment.
- CISCO certification and/or MCSE certification.
- Network cabling installation certification a plus.
- CISSP or equivalent certification a plus.
- Technical school degree minimum education required.