The M.Div. (Ministry Care) provides you with a comprehensive range of biblical-theological knowledge and practical skills for ministry leadership along with specialized skills to address emotional and spiritual needs using biblical and counseling resources. It prepares you to serve in a counseling, family life, or shepherding ministry in a church, para-church, or cross-cultural ministry setting.
This program will equip you to:
- Apply Scriptural principles for spiritual and emotional health in multi-cultural settings
- Use theologically-based counseling skills in discipleship ministry
- Care for the emotional and spiritual needs of others
- Foster healthy relationships among members of the body of Christ
- Counsel individuals dealing with issues related to grief, loss, crisis, and/or addiction
Potential ministry opportunities for program graduates include
- Leading a pastoral care team
- Leading a family life team
- Leading a marriage ministry team
- Directing support services for a missionary team or agency
- Providing training and counseling services in a cross-cultural setting
Review our course requirements.
Allan D. McKechnie
Professor of Ministry Care
B.B.E., Columbia International University; M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School; D.Min., Bethel SeminaryRead More...
Professor of Missionary Care
B.S., Holmes College of the Bible; M.A.C.E., Columbia International University; M.Ed., Regent University