We are looking for scholarship applicants who have demonstrated their desire to make Christ known and who desire to use their degree from CIU to make an impact for Him in the workplace. A preferred criterion is the intention to pursue a career in the “market place” but every application submitted will be considered.
What is the application process?
There are five parts to the application process.
- Complete the 89.7 WMHK scholarship application.
- Complete the CIU Admissions process.
- Complete a 14-15 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. (Can only be completed after January 1, 2014)
- Attend one of CIU’s campus events for prospective students.
- Submit a 3 minute video for review of our Scholarship Committee briefly introducing yourself, describing how you have made Christ known (community, school or elsewhere), what your dream job would be and how you would make Christ known in the market place. Send a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Applicants must be a SC resident.
- Applicants must be a current HS Senior.
- Applicants must be accepted into CIU as a full-time residential student.
- A preference will be for applicants who wish to pursue a career in the “marketplace” ( i.e. business, communications, education, etc..) but this criterion will not exclude other applicants.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
All 5 parts of the application process must be completed by midnight EST March 14, 2013. Materials can be mailed but must be postmarked no later than March 14, 2013. NO exceptions will be made to the deadline.
What is the value of the scholarship award?
The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 to one student for the 14-15 academic year. Two runners-up will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the 14-15 academic year. This scholarship may be combined with other scholarships as long as total award does not exceed tuition.
Is this scholarship renewable?
Each scholarship may be renewable for up to (3) three additional years of undergraduate work as long as the student maintains a 2.5 cumulative GPA while at CIU and remains in good community standing.
How are winners selected?
A Scholarship Committee will select the recipients based on academic merit, financial need, and community service, and the vision communicated through their video presentation. In the process of selecting the recipients, when all things are equal, preference will be given to:
- Students who intend to pursue a career in the “marketplace.”
- Worthy students who are in need of financial assistance.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
All recipients will be notified by a phone call on the air from 89.7 WMHK on April 7, 2013, followed by a call from the Director of Student Financial Services at CIU.